Search This Blog

Thursday, May 16, 2024

Fill in the blanks

 

Our school has a new ... unfortunately he has a a habit of ... (Annoying gestures) It makes me want to ... (humorous twist) but I am afraid that ...

Our school has a new ... unfortunately he has a a habit of ... (Annoying gestures) It makes me want to ... (humorous twist) but I am afraid that ...
Show drafts

Here are a few ways to complete your story, depending on the kind of humor you're going for:

Slightly exaggerated annoyance:

    Our school has a new math teacher, unfortunately he has a habit of snapping his fingers constantly. It makes me want to wear oven mitts to class but I'm afraid that would just make things weirder.

Self-deprecating humor:

    Our school has a new English teacher, unfortunately he has a habit of using really obscure references. It makes me want to raise my hand and say 'Sir, with all due respect, I have no idea what a fax machine is', but I'm afraid that would reveal my embarrassing generational gap.

Playful twist:

    Our school has a new gym teacher, unfortunately he has a habit of wearing mismatched socks every day. It makes me want to start a betting pool on the next crazy combination, but I'm afraid that would distract me from all the jumping jacks.

These are just a few ideas, feel free to get creative and adapt them to your specific situation!.

Unexpected twist:

    Our school has a new librarian, unfortunately, she has a habit of shushing everyone with an ear-splitting whistle. It makes me want to bring earplugs on library days, but I'm afraid that would make me miss out on all the juicy gossip whispered in the stacks.
 
------------------------------------------
Our school has a new ... unfortunately he has a a habit of ... (Annoying gestures) It makes me want to ... (humorous twist) but I am afraid that ... I guess I'll just ...


Here are a few ways to complete the story, depending on the kind of humor you're going for:

Exaggerated Frustration:

    Our school has a new math teacher, unfortunately he has a habit of snapping his fingers constantly It makes me want to throw a giant rubber band ball at the whiteboard, but I'm afraid that would get me detention. I guess I'll just put on giant noise-canceling headphones and mime taking notes

Self-deprecating Humor:

  

Our school has a new ... unfortunately he has a a habit of ... (Annoying gestures) It makes me want to ... (humorous twist) but I am afraid that ... I guess I'll just ...



Sarcastic:

    Our school has a new gym teacher, unfortunately he has a habit of doing interpretive dance moves during stretches It makes me want to join the debate team just so I can argue my way out of dodgeball forever, but I'm afraid that would be admitting defeat. I guess I'll just practice my best "awkward smile and shuffle" routine

Unexpected Twist:

    Our school has a new history teacher, unfortunately he has a habit of speaking in a perfect Shakespearean dialect It makes me want to challenge him to a duel with wadded-up paper balls at dawn, but I'm afraid I'd lose spectacularly. I guess I'll just spend all class trying to decipher his insults and secretly learning a lot about the Tudors

Feel free to mix and match these ideas or come up with your own to fit the specific "annoying gesture" and your desired humorous outcome!

-----------------------------------------
Our school has a new

    lunch lady unfortunately she has a habit of yelling out the lunch specials in a booming opera voice. It makes me want to order in a flamboyant French accent but I'm afraid that she might serenade me with a dessert aria. I guess I'll just stick to a quiet "mystery meat" hoping the principal wouldn't confuse it for karaoke night.

    Our school has a new librarian unfortunately he has a habit of shushing everyone with overly dramatic jazz hands. It makes me want to whisper a joke really loudly but I'm afraid that he might break out a full tap dance routine. I guess I'll just mouth my questions hoping the bookshelves wouldn't snitch on me.

    Our school has a new gym teacher unfortunately he has a habit of wearing mismatched socks with every outfit. It makes me want to show up in a cape and announce myself as "Captain Mismatched" but I'm afraid that he might challenge me to a sock-puppet duel. I guess I'll just pretend not to notice hoping the dodgeball wouldn't develop sentience and join his socky side.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Timeline of Events from the Pocahontas Times, 1911-1912

Timeline of Events from the Pocahontas Times, 1911-1912 Please note: This timeline is based on a selection of excerpts and may not represen...