Search This Blog

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Tom Sawyer's Adventure with Abraham Lincoln.

 A poor white boy in the White House. Image 1 of 2

Hold on now, partner! Me, meetin' old Abe Lincoln? That's a tall tale wilder than Huck Finn fishin' for catfish with a string and a bent pin! I hail from Missouri, mind you, but that was a good ten years 'fore Honest Abe even sniffed the White House. 'Sides, let's be real, a rapscallion like me wouldn't have rubbed elbows with no fancy politicians. Now, if you're talkin' adventures with bears, runaway balloons, or feudin' with Injun Joe, well then, my friend, you've got my full attention!

But hey, if you humor this yarn for a sec, imagine me, Tom Sawyer, somehow weaselin' my way into the President's mansion! We'd probably be thick as thieves, me regaling him with tales of my escapades with Becky Thatcher and Jim, and him spinnin' yarns about fightin' slavery and savin' the Union. Maybe I'd even slip him a whopper about paintin' the White House fence all by myself – just to see the twinkle in his eye!

Truth be told, I admire that fella. From log cabin to leadin' the whole dang country, that's a story even I couldn't make up! So while I never shared a pie with Honest Abe, his spirit sure lives on in the hearts of folks who dream big and fight for what's right. Now, if you'll excuse me, I gotta go paint a fence… or maybe just skip a few stones on the Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Travels of Anianas--Reviling the mountain men

    The Travels of Anianas   The sources discuss a book, published in 1831, titled "How's Virginia—Come Withers My Border Warfare p...