Search This Blog

Thursday, September 21, 2023

Dr. Price was a true hero to the people of Marlinton,

 


Dr. Norman Randolph Price was a beloved doctor in Marlinton, West Virginia for many years. He was born in 1892 and grew up on a farm in Pocahontas County. He attended the University of Virginia School of Medicine and graduated in 1915. After serving in the U.S. Marine Corps during World War I, he returned to Marlinton and opened a medical practice.

Dr. Price was a general practitioner and cared for patients of all ages. He was known for his kindness, compassion, and dedication to his patients. He made house calls at all hours of the day and night, and he often accepted payment in the form of produce or livestock from his patients who could not afford to pay in cash.

Dr. Price was also a community leader. He served on the Pocahontas County Board of Education and the Marlinton Town Council. He was also a member of the American Medical Association and the West Virginia Medical Association.

Dr. Price retired from medicine in 1965, but he continued to volunteer his time to the community. He died in 1976 at the age of 83. He is remembered as one of the most caring and dedicated doctors who ever practiced in Pocahontas County.

Here is a story about Dr. Price that was shared by one of his former patients:

When I was a child, I got very sick with pneumonia. Dr. Price came to our house every day to check on me. He was so kind and gentle, and he always made me feel better. One day, I was feeling so bad that I didn't want to eat anything. Dr. Price sat down on the edge of my bed and told me a story about a little boy who got very sick, but he ate his vegetables and got better. After that, I started eating my vegetables again, and I eventually recovered from my pneumonia.

Dr. Price was a true hero to the people of Marlinton, West Virginia. He dedicated his life to caring for others, and he made a lasting impact on the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Timeline of Events

  Timeline of Events Please note: The provided excerpts span multiple years and often lack specific dates. This timeline represents a chrono...